Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Rep Power
Any one know how to connect two clients via a server then pass the connection off.
my question is based upon a chat application like msn, msn used to have a problem with people beeing able to pull the ip from the person you were talking to. this lead to alot of webcam hacks and such.
basically i want the server to handle the users ip's and setup a socket between the two IP's but i dont want the data going through the server to help with server load
I want it this way to
1. help with server load
2. prevent ip hacking such as webcam hacks
is this even possible?
the only other option i can think of is,
store a encrypted ip on server and have the client pull the ip when connecting to another user.
- 03-29-2012, 05:19 PM #2
Re: Any one know how to connect two clients via a server then pass the connection off
If you want the two clients to have a peer to peer connection, have one be a "server" and the other a "client". Have the "server" use a ServerSocket and have the client connect to the server. The client would need the "server"'s IP address.If you don't understand my response, don't ignore it, ask a question.
- By yontan8888 in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 02-02-2011, 12:42 PM
- By chyrl in forum NetworkingReplies: 21Last Post: 07-25-2010, 05:01 PM
- By java_muggers in forum NetworkingReplies: 9Last Post: 06-13-2010, 12:22 PM
- By azhar in forum NetworkingReplies: 15Last Post: 03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
- By bachma7 in forum NetworkingReplies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2008, 09:56 PM