Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Rep Power
How to perform ticker scrolling for a styled rtf document
I am trying to scroll a text read from the .rtf document. Users want to display the text in the styled format as it is saved in the word rtf document. I am able to load the file using RTFEditorKit call and display it however how should I make the text move from left to right like stock ticker.
Any help or ideas.
- 03-23-2012, 05:54 PM #2
Re: How to perform ticker scrolling for a styled rtf document
Like a stock ticker? You could just use a rotating buffer with fixed window size to hold the string, and use Java2D or even a simple JTextField or JLabel to render the string. Swing supports styles, as does Java2D. I'd probably go the Java2D route, since you have more control over positioning and background colors and the like.
- By Jadax in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-23-2011, 04:32 PM
- By Java Tip in forum SWTReplies: 0Last Post: 07-25-2008, 02:31 PM
- By Java Tip in forum SWTReplies: 0Last Post: 07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
- By Java Tip in forum SWTReplies: 0Last Post: 07-25-2008, 02:24 PM
- By Java Tip in forum javax.swingReplies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2008, 07:47 PM