Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Cannot Open .jar File ...
- 03-15-2012, 04:35 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Rep Power
Cannot Open .jar File ...
It seems like I've tried everything. Everytime I make a program using Eclipse and try to export it is as .jar and open it, it just proceeds to load for a second and show nothing then exit.
I went to cmd and did 'java jar -udp.java' (program is a udp socket-send test)
and it says "no main manifest attribute in Test.jar' (project name is Test).
Now I know what this means so I added a MANIFEST file. I know eclipse creates a manifest.mf file in 'META-INF' that reads:
Main-Class: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoa der
and I tried saving my own as both manifest.mf/manifest.txt. Everytime I get this same error from command prompt.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I can compile and run programs with command prompt using commands, but have never succeeded in creating a .jar file.
Thanks for any help. This is so stressful.
- 03-15-2012, 01:29 PM #2
- By lordhark in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 15Last Post: 02-16-2012, 04:43 PM
- By sehudson in forum New To JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 07-18-2011, 04:32 AM
- By java_bond in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-05-2010, 05:21 AM
- By mgm2010 in forum JCreatorReplies: 0Last Post: 04-11-2009, 03:14 PM
- By itmani2020 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 07-11-2008, 10:57 AM