Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 03-05-2012, 05:01 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Rep Power
Can't open Java Control Panel, Can't unistall
Need help on this - I'm at a loss to figure it out.
Late last week something corrupted my Java ... maybe something I did but unforunately didn't notice the problem until later and can't remember what I might have been doing.
I noticed it when I went to a web site that I use that requires Java and it wasn't working. I tried to download the latest version and it wouldn't install. I went to Control Panel to open the Java Control Panel and just got a registry error message. Add/Remove Programs won't uninstall the old version either because it can't find a file. So I'm stuck ... can't uninstall and can't install.
I even tried System Restore and rolled back to a month ago and that didn't change anything. Here are some screen captures I've posted of the messages, etc. One message I didn't include in the screen captures is after clicking OK in the last shot (Windows Installer) I get the message "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." After which I have to cancel out.
I'm using Windows XP Professional.
Anyone have any suggestions?
- 03-05-2012, 05:12 PM #2
Re: Can't open Java Control Panel, Can't unistall
Your proble is Windows, not Java reelated. Try a Windows forum.
These forums are for community help to persons programming in Java. They are not a general helpdesk for everyone who happens to visit a website that requires a Java enabled browser.
Closing this off topic thread.
THREAD CLOSEDIf you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- By Abysinian in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 03-16-2012, 12:29 PM
- By pguih in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
- By Willy Wonka71 in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-21-2011, 06:43 PM
- By valpal1919 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 04-19-2011, 12:04 PM
- By RebelScum in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2008, 05:22 PM