Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 11-20-2011, 11:41 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Rep Power
problem executing dos commands in program
i am workin on a program for school and runnin into a snag. we are supposed to make a program that simulates traffic conditions in a town and determine whether adding a dedicated left turn arrow eases conjestion ornot. i would like to go a step further and create a little print out of these "cars" in my queues. the problem i forsee is that java has no cls. i have researched online and found an ingenious solution that just uses dos commands. well i am having trouble getting them to execute correctly. here i hope is a screenshot of my problem:
sorry about all the message boxes. i forgot to take them out. but as you can see the error isin the runtime command. if you can see any error i have or know of an alternate way to force java to cls i would appreciate any help.
if the pic did not post ill type in the code when i get a chance
thanks for any help.
Re: problem executing dos commands in program
If you want fancy output, I'd use a GUI such as is available with the Swing library.
- By efebatistaarda in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM
- By sara12345 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
- By Anjaneyulu in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
- By shanky in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 02-18-2010, 05:36 AM
- By swetha_2008 in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 0Last Post: 12-17-2008, 06:04 AM