Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 10-05-2011, 10:16 PM #1
How to create executable Java file?
Hello. I'm still a novice in Java, and I've never created a Java file that could be executed just by double-clicking, just like an .exe would; I just tried the program by using "Run" in Netbeans.
The kind of file I mean is like the ones you can download in the oracle examples' webpage: for example, in the Swing components examples' webpage (Using Swing Components: Examples (The Java™ Tutorials > Creating a GUI with JFC/Swing > Using Swing Components)), by clicking [Launch], which downloads the file.
Is there a way to do it in Netbeans ? And is there any difference from the kind of file used for applets than for self-governing programs?
- 10-05-2011, 10:51 PM #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Rep Power
Re: How to create executable Java file?
You want a .jar file, correct? I know that in eclipse you can export your project to an executable jar.
Packaging and Deploying Desktop Java Applications
Last edited by jammas615; 10-05-2011 at 10:53 PM.
- By sarwar1234 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 02-07-2011, 08:29 PM
- By Jonatan10 in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 12-23-2010, 03:42 PM
- By sarwar1234 in forum New To JavaReplies: 11Last Post: 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM
- By sarwar1234 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 09-27-2010, 05:10 PM
- By Riaz Ali in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 08-03-2010, 08:20 AM