Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mDennis10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default How customerize view of swing components

    Why is that when i use net beans and create my GUI using the builder, they look more refined that when i code everything manually and how can i code them manually and let them look like they do using net beans

  2. #2
    Fubarable's Avatar
    Fubarable is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,316
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Can you be more specific please? Your question is way too general and vague to answer other than by saying, "learn the layout managers well".

  3. #3
    mDennis10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fubarable View Post
    Can you be more specific please? Your question is way too general and vague to answer other than by saying, "learn the layout managers well".
    no is not about layout. What i'm talking about is that when i write a program that uses a JButton manually for example, that JButton looks totally different when i use the net beans builder y is that and how can i make it look as refined has it those with netbeans

  4. #4
    Fubarable's Avatar
    Fubarable is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,316
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mDennis10 View Post
    no is not about layout. What i'm talking about is that when i write a program that uses a JButton manually for example, that JButton looks totally different when i use the net beans builder y is that and how can i make it look as refined has it those with netbeans
    Possibly you're taking about a Look & Feel issue. What L&F is your NetBeans application using? Have you tried setting your hand-built GUI to use the same L&F?

  5. #5
    mDennis10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fubarable View Post
    Possibly you're taking about a Look & Feel issue. What L&F is your NetBeans application using? Have you tried setting your hand-built GUI to use the same L&F?
    I did a little reading about look and feel is but i don't know how to change it or anything like that.Can u give me some help with how to know which one a IDE is using and how to incorporate new ones in my applications when i code the gui manually.

  6. #6
    DarrylBurke's Avatar
    DarrylBurke is offline Forum Police
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Madgaon, Goa, India
    Posts
    11,305
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Click here

    db

  7. #7
    mDennis10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

Similar Threads

  1. binding swing components
    By furqankhan in forum Advanced Java
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 12:08 PM
  2. Swing components not working
    By primalpop in forum AWT / Swing
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 05:10 PM
  3. How to print Swing components
    By Java Tip in forum java.awt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 11:04 PM
  4. Tab order on swing components
    By ashvin@projectdemo.biz in forum AWT / Swing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 10:06 AM
  5. HTML on Swing Components
    By Java Tip in forum Java Tip
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •