Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 08-06-2011, 07:52 PM #1
"The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library"
I have used Eclipse on a school computer before and I am trying to install it on my home computer. The operating system I am using is Windows 7, and I downloaded it on Chrome. I unzipped the file using jZip. I opened the file on jZip, and I double clicked on "eclipse.exe"
I got an error message that read "The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library." I have looked online for how to fix this, but most things just suggested to download it a second time.
I have followed this tutorial.
Eclipse Tutorial: Installation
I have re-downloaded it five times now, sometimes with different versions, but I get the exact same message each time.
There must be some step that I am missing, some button I didn't know I had to click. Perhaps all of my things aren't in the right folder? I have no idea.
Last edited by nhmllr; 08-06-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typo
- 08-07-2011, 02:35 AM #2
- By Shajith in forum EclipseReplies: 3Last Post: 03-21-2011, 01:48 PM
- By tim.taylor in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2009, 06:57 PM
- By angryboy in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 06-28-2009, 06:48 AM
- By soc86 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2009, 06:56 PM
- By lse123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:35 AM