Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 07-29-2011, 05:30 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Rep Power
Java JDK/JRE 32/64 bit + picky program
Hey all, sorry if this isn't really the right place to post this, I wasn't sure so I thought this would be a good option..
Anyway, I'm trying to get Paros to run on my computer. It's a network monitoring tool. I have 64 bit win7, and the program won't run as is when I download it. I emailed the author, and he said that it uses some 32 bit java libraries, so I would need to have that installed too. Well I've downloaded anything that I can see on the java website that's labelled 32 bit, but the program still won't run.. I know it works, as I have successfully run the program on my other laptop which is 32bit win 7.
Can anyone help me out with what I need to do in regard to java installations etc?
- 07-29-2011, 06:05 PM #2
Ah, the continuing saga of the Windows 7 infancy. I run into all kinds of problems with 7; 32-bit XP is my weapon of choice. I didn't think Java packages or libraries were bit dependent, only the jdk and jre installs. I guess you learn something everyday. My only guess would be a problem with your Paros download, or your Windows installer.
- By rajpalparyani in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2011, 04:13 AM
- By SwissR in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 07-30-2010, 12:25 PM
- By popey in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2009, 05:32 PM
- By Java Tip in forum java.ioReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2007, 09:33 PM