Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 12-13-2007, 08:00 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
- Rep Power
Calling mainframe IMS program from Java
I am working on web application. We have IMS screens exist in mainframes.
I need to invoke the IMS transaction from Java and display the results on the web screen.
I am using a socket connection to talk to IMS environment.
I am passing all the parameters needed to invoke the IMS program but I am getting an error - contents of buffer invalid.
How can I correct this error? any help will be appreciated.
- 12-14-2007, 03:21 PM #2
What are you using to pass the parameters to the IMS program?
P.S. - I thought I was the only one that worked in an environment like this.
- 12-21-2007, 01:08 PM #3
I think you should have someone to look in the IMS Connect task to see if there is an error message there that gives you more information.
If that doesn't help you, my guess is that there is something wrong in your headers. Either there is something wrong with the data in one of the fields or you got the wrong length on a field.
Also check if the length field in the beginning of the header and in beginning of the segments is OK.
My experience of IMS Connect is that it is very easy to use if you get it working but there can be some problem in getting the headers correct when you write your own socket program.
- By rach in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 01-19-2010, 11:37 AM
- By kratoras in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2008, 02:54 AM
- By Java Tip in forum java.ioReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
- By Ed in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2007, 12:58 AM