Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 07-01-2011, 10:23 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Rep Power
Best way to model table with header characters?
I'm looking for the best way to model this table in Java.
I thought about using seperate Arrays but it a) seems cumbersome b) Arrays don't have a key (index) character.
Eventually my method will:
Accept two string inputs (a plaintext & a key)
For example, suppose that the plaintext to be encrypted is:
The person sending the message chooses a keyword and repeats it until it matches the length of the plaintext, for example, the keyword "LEMON":
The first letter of the plaintext, A, is paired with L, the first letter of the key. So use row L and column A of the Vigenère square, namely L. Similarly, for the second letter of the plaintext, the second letter of the key is used; the letter at row E and column T is X. The rest of the plaintext is enciphered in a similar fashion:
- 07-01-2011, 02:44 PM #2Arrays don't have a key (index) character
- By Zelord in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2010, 09:08 PM
- By selvi in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2010, 12:00 PM
- By greatmajestics in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 04-28-2010, 05:08 PM
- By man4ish in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:19 AM
- By Manfizy in forum NetBeansReplies: 4Last Post: 11-08-2008, 03:19 AM