Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: List Cameras that are Plugged In
- 06-23-2011, 08:24 PM #1
List Cameras that are Plugged In
My program currently gets a list of drives plugged into the computer with File.listRoots(). But, when I plug a camera into the computer directly (instead of inserting the memory card), it's not listed, nor does it have a drive letter in Windows Explorer. For example, here's the location of my camera:
Computer\Canon PowerShot SD750\Removable storage
P.S. Out of desperation, I did try to list the contents of Computer\; it didn't work of course.
Edit: Just to make my question as clear as possible, I need to access storage devices that do not have a drive letter, but are listed in My Computer under "Portable Devices". This includes cameras, MP3 players, e-book readers, etc.
Last edited by Jonah Bron; 07-01-2011 at 11:32 PM.
- 06-27-2011, 03:40 AM #2
- 07-01-2011, 11:32 PM #3
- By jetnor in forum New To JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 11-04-2011, 09:30 PM
- By Addez in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:52 AM
- By nmvictor in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
- By nmvictor in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 11-21-2009, 06:48 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 07-01-2007, 10:07 AM