Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: New to Java where to start?
- 06-15-2011, 01:49 AM #1
New to Java where to start?
I am new to Java and I will be taking a class this upcoming week towards my IT degree. I have looked over my course and the information that is available in this class and I do not understand much of the material. I have already done hello world and a few other tutorials and I am still not grasping what does what and why the line of code does what it does. I was wondering if anyone has any pointers on where I should look, or what I should do to really understand what I am doing when I'm writing each line of code.
- 06-15-2011, 01:59 AM #2
There have been several posts on this topic on this forum. Look around or do a search.
- 06-15-2011, 02:00 AM #3Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- San Diego, CA
- Rep Power
EDIT: I agree with Norm. This topic comes up several times per day. There are also many good threads about which Java books to buy. Use the search box in the top right corner of the page.
I would start with the online Java tutorials at Oracle:
Trail: Getting Started (The Java™ Tutorials)
and then go on to these:
Trail: Learning the Java Language (The Java™ Tutorials)
These should give you a good foundation and understanding of the core java language and give you a little head start on the class.
Last edited by JDScoot; 06-15-2011 at 02:05 AM.
- 06-15-2011, 02:05 AM #4
- By prabhug1987 in forum NetBeansReplies: 3Last Post: 04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
- By albertkao in forum EclipseReplies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2011, 06:27 PM
- By prabhug1987 in forum NetBeansReplies: 2Last Post: 09-02-2010, 08:05 AM
- By ScottVal in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
- By hitmen in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-11-2009, 11:42 AM