Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Run JAR from web request
- 06-01-2011, 06:02 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Rep Power
Run JAR from web request
Hi there. While I'm not new to Java, I do have a question about doing something that I feel should be trivial, but I can't seem to figure out.
I have a Java service that is "compiled" to a JAR, and needs to be run from a web service, meaning an administrator can click a button on a web page and the JAR will run. The problem currently is that the JAR lives behind the public_html folder. The website currently uses PHP, and there's not Java application server on it as far as I know. Do I need an App Server in order to run this? I've tried using the "exec" and "shell_exec" functions in a PHP page, both of which work if I run the php from the command line of the server, but not if I run those pages via a browser.
Any advice would be good, especially the least intrusive (installing app server or other applications). Thanks!
- By sandeepsai39 in forum New To JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
- By karthikus in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 0Last Post: 06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
- By mudit222 in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 2Last Post: 04-23-2010, 09:12 AM
- By happyknappy in forum IntroductionsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-30-2008, 01:33 AM
- By felixtfelix in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2008, 05:10 PM