Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 12-07-2007, 09:10 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
- Rep Power
implementing sparse and nonsparse matrices together
hello to all.. i have a realy tough assignment which requires me to add, substract, multiply, and get inverse of non-sparse and sparse matrixes..
in a more clear way it wants me to to the operations listed above between two sparse, or two non-sparse or a sparse and a non-sparse matrix..
for the operations on the matrixes of same kind, say sparse matrix, it seems rather easy .. but what makes me confuse is how to operate a sparse with a non-sparse..
and of course for both which data structure is the best? list, vector, array,.... ? if i use a 2D array for non-sparse then what should be the best structure for sprase matrix.. and is it a good programming way to temporarily turn the sparse into non-sparse while adding substracitng or multiplying with a non-sparse matrix? if not in what way should i handle the operations between sparse and nonsparse..
i will be very appreciated with any kind of help..
- By Java Tip in forum java.langReplies: 0Last Post: 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM
- By birdofprey in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 02-18-2008, 04:21 AM
- By sidkdbl07 in forum Java 2DReplies: 1Last Post: 01-12-2008, 07:42 PM
- By bugger in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2008, 02:35 PM
- By eva in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 12-24-2007, 10:49 AM