Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Help reading large files
- 05-11-2011, 03:29 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2011
- Rep Power
Help reading large files
I hope you can help me puzzle this newbie conundrum out !
My eventual goal is to create an RSAPSS digital signature of a file.
This question specifically relates to the update method prior to calling the sign method.
As you probably know, update() accepts input of ByteBuffer, byte and byte.
I know for a fact that many files I will be dealing with will be quite big (low single digit GB in size). And therefore its a fact I will need to write appropriate code to read the files, otherwise my app will be very slow.
Looking around the internet, I have found this blog post which suggests either a "FileChannel with a direct ByteBuffer and array reads" or "FileChannel with a wrapped array ByteBuffer and direct array access" are the way to go.
The blog article gives examples, which I sort of understand, but as a newbie to Java I'm not quite clear how I can integrate the update() method.
Probably a very simple answer, but I'm suffering a bit of code-writer's block, so perhaps someone would be kind enough to help me understand what I need to do ?
Thank you in advance !
P.S. If it is of any significance, I will likely be using the IAIK crypto toolkit. RSAPss javadoc can be found here.
Last edited by JavaLatte; 05-11-2011 at 03:32 PM.
- By dane1193 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 02-18-2011, 11:59 PM
- By bayan in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 10-27-2010, 06:01 PM
- By gkumar in forum XMLReplies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2009, 05:38 AM
- By bezudar in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 11-23-2008, 03:18 AM
- By deb_santanu in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 11-13-2008, 02:04 PM