Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: javaw cpu
- 04-18-2011, 02:10 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Rep Power
Hey, whenever i run my java application from eclipse it loads it with javaw.exe instead of just java.exe. The problem im having is that javaw.exe seems to always take up 50% or more of my cpu regardless of the type of application. Im wondering if this is because of just its running on javaw? does anyone else have this problem or should i just run it using java.exe?
- 04-18-2011, 02:13 PM #2
The javaw command is identical to java, except that with javaw there is no associated console window. Use javaw when you don't want a command prompt window to appear. The javaw launcher will, however, display a dialog box with error information if a launch fails for some reason.
Source: java - the Java application launcher
PS- That's the first link I found when I googled "javaw".
- By Forlorn in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 01-31-2011, 03:11 AM
- By sarwar1234 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 09-30-2010, 01:47 AM
- By ChosenOne in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
- By fxRichard in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 05-11-2009, 11:09 PM