Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 03-29-2011, 02:49 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Rep Power
2nd Order Polynomial Regression/Best Fit
Basically what I'm wanting to do is get a 2nd order polynomial equation of a best fit from a given set of data, stored in a 2D double array called data. (doesn't have to be a 2D, just the way I've read it in.) I've got my array set up, and I'm reading the data in from a .CSV file.
Now, I've looked for libraries/code that would do this for me, but can't seem to make head nor tail of it all! One of the things I found in a Google search were:
The idea being that using the given polynomial, I could input a new bit of data, and basically using the polynomial it would calculate (or predict) a new value.
Any ideas/pointers/anything how I would go about this? It's all gotten a bit confusing.
- By AndrewSD in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 01-11-2011, 05:24 AM
- By mcherkao in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 09-10-2010, 02:49 PM
- By thisisIT in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM
- By rpsaranya in forum JDBCReplies: 0Last Post: 03-06-2010, 05:32 AM
- By susan in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2007, 05:44 AM