Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Terminal freezing (Mac OS)
- 03-25-2011, 12:10 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Rep Power
Terminal freezing (Mac OS)
I have had a developer create me application in Java to run on my Macbook running Snow Leopard.
I have been letting the application run continuously and monitoring the output on the terminal to make sure it is doing as it should, and a couple of times a day it will just freeze. No error, text just stops appearing on the terminal.
Basically it interacts with the API of a betting exchange, scanning simultaneous events and placing bets when certain criteria are met. The developer has said he has experienced no freezes when testing it himself and cannot see any problems with the code, but is currently looking into the problem.
So what I am going to try to do from my side this weekend to try resolve this is:
1) Run the solution on an old windows PC for a day and see if the freeze occurs
2) Install and run JRE 1.5 instead of JRE 1.6 I have at the moment (suggested by developer), which I am having trouble doing at the moment but that’s another story.
Anybody have any other suggestion? Are there by any chance any known bugs when running Java on Snow Leopard? Long shot I know.
Thanks for your time
- By AndroidAppNewbie in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 03-10-2011, 04:31 PM
- By airowe in forum New To JavaReplies: 15Last Post: 01-11-2011, 03:38 AM
- By berkeley in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 06-03-2010, 04:41 PM
- By Rajin Das in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:33 PM
- By tamayo in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 07-23-2007, 11:48 PM