Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 03-17-2011, 04:42 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Rep Power
access mysql databse in jsp file+eclipse
i want to access mysql database server from jsp program using eclipse editor.
for this i downloaded mysql-connector-java-3.1.14.zip
mysql-connector-java-3.1.14 folder contains mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar
then i add this jar file in to eclipse referanced lib(by using build path->java build path->add external)
after that,i started tomcat server and executed the jsp program
but i am gettting the following error
when i create simple java file src folder which contain db connection and run this as java application it works fine but when i used jsp file it gives me error.
if any one know how to access mysql database server using
mysql-connector-java-3.1.14 driver with eclipse,please explain me....
- 03-19-2011, 02:20 AM #2
i think there is something about needing to have the mysql jar file added to the list of jar files that gets copied into the tomcat's runtime library path.
even though you are using eclipse, the tomcat instance that eclipse manages is still a tomcat instance, there will be a lib folder that we need to tell eclipse to populate with the framework kinds of jar files like this mysql jdbc driver
- By amitabh in forum EclipseReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-2010, 05:46 AM
- By int80 in forum EclipseReplies: 11Last Post: 05-31-2010, 09:32 AM
- By lse123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 10-29-2009, 09:03 PM
- By nijava in forum EclipseReplies: 2Last Post: 12-12-2008, 04:04 PM
- By jdevm in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2008, 01:16 AM