Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: File Sharing - Permissions
- 03-05-2011, 10:35 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Rep Power
File Sharing - Permissions
So im just trying to setup a simple bit of file sharing in my public/shared area between my mac and laptop. The long and short of the code is that my mac will create a text file and my laptop will read it and then update it, however im having some issues with writing back to the file.
I am receiving an access denied error when trying to write the data to the file. The file is create dynamically so I need Java to create the file. The file is being created with a "read only" privilege, even though the whole shared folder has "read and write" privileges, so I can't quite understand why this is ignored - it seems kind of counter-intuititve.
Basically I am asking if there is for me to be able to update a file created by another machine.
I'm baffled as to why I havent been able to do this as it something so trivial. Maybe I'm missing something completely obvious or maybe there is a simple method I don't know of, either way any help will be greatly appreciated
If you want the code I'll post it but it is only very simple stuff.
Last edited by oriom; 03-06-2011 at 01:13 AM.
- By krater999 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2011, 05:24 AM
- By danborgir in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-11-2011, 07:04 PM
- By Mojito_gr in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
- By Gatts79 in forum Java AppletsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-12-2009, 01:54 PM
- By nathanr_kamal in forum NetworkingReplies: 3Last Post: 07-17-2008, 04:29 AM