Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 03-01-2011, 05:21 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Rep Power
Java Console's "Install Shortcuts" grayed Out
Be gentle, new here :)
We have a long standing Jave app that runs fine under XP. Of course we are getting new W7 machines now. On most of the new Win 7 machines the app launches and installs fine (via a web-based JNLP file install). However, on some it refuses to install the desktop icon for the application.
I checked that Java Console showed Allow for install shortcuts but no luck. A possible clue is that on these machines that dont successfully install the desktop shortcut during install, in the Java Console going to General > View the "Install Shortcut" options are grayed out and unavailable.
Current JAVA version loaded for all systems that isntall cirrectly and incorrectly.
- By rhythmiccycle in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 01-04-2011, 08:44 PM
- By sk8rsam77 in forum New To JavaReplies: 11Last Post: 02-26-2010, 04:03 AM
- By soc86 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2009, 07:56 PM
- By Kavitha Kamath in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2008, 06:30 AM
- By lse123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM