Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-29-2011, 10:13 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
Java popup to access DB and return value to form field
I am trying to build a data entry web page. One of the fields should select from a database table of about 200 entries. Each entry is also a long piece of text so I don't think I can make it a drop down list; ie too confusing to browse in a small list window.
I was thinking of making the input field clickable and it pops up a new window. The new window lists all the rows from the database table (the text portion). User clicks on the text, window closes, and the row id is returned to the input field.
Is there a better way to do this? What is normally done? I googled for some code but nothing along the lines of what I wanted to do.
- By kitiaradl in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 04-21-2010, 12:04 AM
- By kitiaradl in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 04-15-2010, 09:01 PM
- By lse123 in forum Java ServletReplies: 4Last Post: 01-18-2010, 12:13 AM
- By burnumd in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 01-15-2010, 01:09 AM
- By carderne in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 12-06-2008, 07:20 PM