Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-04-2011, 07:44 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
how do I install windows"javac" jdk to usb drive using linux (ubuntu)
I want to be able to comple .java files at my work. but the computers don't have "javac" and I don't have the prividleges to install things
at home i use ubuntu (linux) the computers at my work are running XP
i read about how to install jdk onto a flash drive, but it involved using a "setup.exe" and linux doesn't run it. I tried using wine, but I coundn't get wine to find the usb drive.
if there is another way to compile .java files w/o being able to install, please let me know.
any ideas, suggestions, or websites would be helpful.
- By ojrlopez in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 0Last Post: 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
- By madsovenielsen in forum New To JavaReplies: 27Last Post: 10-07-2010, 02:23 PM
- By tetelee in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
- By Faruq in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 02-02-2010, 06:35 PM
- By lse123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:35 AM