Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Java has stopped working
- 12-19-2010, 10:10 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Rep Power
Java has stopped working
Java has stopped working and there was a
message of a corrupt file. After deleting the
Java folder, one version would not reinstall and
an older one did finish install but any Java
does not work. chkdsk /f runs for a little while
and quits. Any answers? Java in Control panel
doesn't work either, looking for new version.
- 12-20-2010, 04:57 AM #2
i had this happen once to me. jar files inside the standard runtime installation even got corrupted. in my case it was the RAM in my [Dell] notebook was very low quality kind of ram that is not reliable. after some research I found this is apparently common of all recent dell notebooks, to use poor quality RAM, but sell it to you as a premium. well i digress.
but it if you are getting no errors from chkdsk but it stopped aafter a while, that could also be failing hard drive.
when you did the reinstall, did you try to fresh download the installer again, using the copy of the installer you had on hand from before might not work if the disk has problems and it is also corrupted.
- By MarcusarilliuS_IRL in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 07-07-2010, 05:13 AM
- By Nerijus in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
- By chlebik in forum JavaServer Faces (JSF)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2010, 03:16 PM
- By Dieter in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 09-26-2009, 12:45 AM
- By sundarjothi in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 05-28-2008, 08:00 AM