Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 12-18-2010, 01:51 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Rep Power
A simple program to log off a computer
My kid uses computer a lot of time. Now I just want my kid to use computer with the amount of time I allow only and after that it will automatically log off the computer.
So now I'm starting to write a simple Java program that will do 2 things:
- the input (that I will enter) is the time to log off or the amount of time
that means: if my kid is using computer at 4:00pm, when I run the Java program, I can enter either: 23 minutes or 4:23pm
- the Java program will log off my kid after my kid uses the computer 23 minutes, or 4:23pm
(my kid can use computer only after I log on the computer since I know the password and run the Java program).
Please advise me how to write this program.
- 12-18-2010, 02:01 AM #2
I don't think Java can do this (the logging off part; it can do everything else). A C++ application may be able to but you'd have to look elsewhere for this. Something like this may even already exist...
- By RKO in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 12-13-2010, 05:21 PM
- By jtyler in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 09-20-2010, 07:43 AM
- By blastoff in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 04-14-2010, 11:25 PM
- By TheRocket in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 15Last Post: 12-30-2008, 03:35 PM
- By BSOS in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2007, 05:54 AM