Warnings: Running Applet
I have a java applet program that uses external libraries jar files as well....
The applet's jar file is called in a html file..... And I am signing the applet's jar file using the keytool in the cmd...
The program runs fine But I get 4 to 5 times the following warning before the applet is launched...
Any idea on how to get rid of these warnings.....
Applet's digital signature cannot be verified. Do you want to run this applet ?
Yeah, get it signed by an actual signing authority rather than self-signing. Or get the "client" to install your certificate into their "trusted" store.
I need to describe the problem in more details....
I am using windows vista and the Eclipse Helios for the development of a Java project which is essentially a JApplet.... The applet can read and write files to the local file system....
1) My project uses 3 external jar files... And I am signing them and verifying that they are signed before I add those external jars to my project...
2) When I develope the project in Eclipse and run it as applet it works fine.... All of the project class files and the resources are in the folder in my user home directory under the eclipse work space....
3) Then I export the jar file for the project... And before that I created the manifest file and added that to the jar file as well.... where the manifest contains the following....
4) Then I sign the applet jar file using the same method and verified that jar is signed.....
5) In write the html code for applet:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<meta http-equiv="pragma" content="no-cache">
<meta http-equiv="cache-control" content="no-cache">
<meta http-equiv="expires" content="0">
<meta http-equiv="keywords" content="keyword1,keyword2,keyword3">
<meta http-equiv="description" content="This is my page">
<applet code = "WindSpeedAnalysis"
archive = "WindSpeedAnalysisJar.jar,commons-csv-20070724.jar, krysalis-jCharts-1.0.0-alpha-1.jar,iText-5.0.4.jar"
width = "100%"
height = "100%" >
6) Then I put the html file, applet's signed jar file along with certificate, and also the external signed jar files, and the resource folder in the same folder....
Now When I run the html using the browser, I get the security warnings as described above....
Any idea, of how to solve this issue....
Many Thanks.... :)
See my previous post. And if you don't know what a CA is then you need to do some general googling about digital signatures / certificates.