Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 10-04-2010, 09:40 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2010
- Rep Power
Sell me on Eclipse (why is it better than Netbeans IYO)
I have read around, and obviously Eclipse vs Netbeans is a personal preference.
I just started with Java, and so far used Netbeans, and liked it. But before I become too entrenched in one IDE -- I want to get an idea of what I am missing on the other side.
From what I read, the main thing everyone raves about is the plugins. But I also read a lot of the eclipse plugins are being ported to netbeans anyway.
In general though -- I find people just state their preference without much detail.
Mainly just wondering what people who like eclipse specifically like about it. What is the killer feature/plugin for eclipse that you cant find in netbeans?
- 10-04-2010, 10:08 PM #2
I've used both (I use Eclipse for Android development, however little I do of it; and I use NetBeans for everything else). I just find that NetBeans is a warmer environment; by that I mean the tools are more user-friendly. Basically it comes down to an open-source vs Sun debate
I actually had a friendly debate with a few others on this forum here. Hope that helps you a little. ;)
I say: use what ever suits you. Myself I use mainly Eclipse, and mainly out of habit. I've used NetBeans when looking into NetBeans-related questions in this forum, but prefer Eclipse for no other reason than I just like it better. But having said that, NetBeans is fine, and for both, the price is right. But Zack is right -- let's keep this discussion in the huge thread that was built for it. So let me close this thread and ask you to redirect your discussion to Zack's link.
- By Glyph in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
- By circuit_cool in forum Java CertificationReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2009, 09:24 PM
- By arturmoniswork in forum Reviews / AdvertisingReplies: 0Last Post: 12-30-2008, 06:58 AM
- By baby_IT in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 11-07-2008, 07:15 AM
- By ravian in forum NetBeansReplies: 6Last Post: 12-06-2007, 03:38 AM