Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Related to ...
- 09-09-2010, 10:19 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Rep Power
- 09-09-2010, 10:36 AM #2
From what I can understand after reading the Wikipedia article on DoS attacks, this seems slightly higher level than "New to Java".
Some DoS attacks are too complex for today's firewalls, e.g. if there is an attack on port 80 (web service), firewalls cannot prevent that attack because they cannot distinguish good traffic from DoS attack traffic.Carpe Diem
Each day's a gift and not a given right
- 09-09-2010, 05:20 PM #3
The only decipherable way I can think of doing it is to detect how many packets are incoming and determine whether or not there is an attack going on.
But Cemi is quite right; there is no real way to determine good from bad. As an example, when Michael Jackson passed away last summer, Google suspected that, with the amount of "Michael Jackson" queries passed to the search engine, they were under a DoS attack.
- By swathi in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2008, 07:50 AM
- By CharanZ in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
- By Ganeshag777 in forum JDBCReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2008, 05:54 PM
- By Ganeshag777 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 08-13-2008, 01:18 PM
- By Ganeshag777 in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2008, 12:42 PM