Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: coordinates and radius
- 08-21-2010, 06:19 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Rep Power
coordinates and radius
Write a program that prompts the user to enter the center coordinates and radius of two circles and determines whether the second circle is inside the first or overlaps with the first.
Hint: circle2 is inside circle1 if the distances between the two centers
(<=|r1 – r2|)
circle2 overlaps circle1 if the distance between the two centers
(<=|r1 + r2|)
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
So in essence what you've done is to give us your entire assignment without asking a question and without showing any evidence of effort on your part, and I'm afraid that in this situation there's not much that we can do for you other than to direct you to a tutorial or two.
I suggest that you post your best solution that you've created so far, and ask as specific questions as possible, and we'll be much better able to help. If you really have no idea how to begin here, then please have a look here: Starting Writing a Program. It's a well-written article that can help.
- By tyke in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 05-10-2010, 06:34 AM
- By Fidelcashflow in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 12-02-2009, 11:17 AM
- By nishant.4545 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
- By jacline in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 04-05-2009, 10:58 PM
- By megironi in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2009, 07:09 AM