1. I have created a table in oracle named 'rms.usrpass' that saves the passwords against each username. the passwords are saved as ""text""
2. I have a different username password to access my oracle database.
3. I have build and clean (on netbeans) the project the created .class files for all the source files.
4. I deployed the application at the client site. i.e., the user has access to the class files only(from the jar file)
5. next i opened the class file that contains the username password to access the oracle database in a HEX editor and got the this very username password from there.. i.e., now i can access the oracle (damn) using sqlplus or emc
6. i accessed the database and found the username and password to the application..
that was the whole story...
I need suggestions for better password management.. please suggest.thnx