Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Game making help
- 07-13-2010, 09:20 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
- Rep Power
Game making help
I am new to java and taking a class for it, I need to make a final project to finish it. I was hoping to make something where you type something in then the computer responds and will ask questions and i want there to be a window with a picture in it - not a moving graphic - that you could type in to. I have all the code done except for a window to open and for it to have a graphic on it i also don't know if i would need to add a text box afterward to type into. Please does anybody know a tutorial on this type of thing?
- 07-13-2010, 09:27 PM #2Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]
The Ubiquitous Newbie Tips
- 07-13-2010, 10:15 PM #3
Welcome to Java Forums Mrkantaloupe.
There is an old game called Myst that can be easily implemented with an AWT or Swing interface. The idea is to display an image containing several invisible hot spots on the screen. If the player clicks on a hot spot, the game displays a different image of the next scene. You can improve your text-based game by modifying your game logic to display these scenes. PM me if you are interested in a coded example.
Good luck with your project
TimEyes dwelling into the past are blind to what lies in the future. Step carefully.
- By JFlash in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 08-05-2010, 04:49 AM
- By Don k in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 04-30-2010, 12:09 AM
- By Alphimeda in forum Java AppletsReplies: 15Last Post: 04-04-2010, 05:39 PM
- By frallan in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2009, 10:36 AM
- By led1433 in forum Java 2DReplies: 5Last Post: 02-10-2009, 06:00 AM