Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Hi! Saving data??
- 06-29-2010, 05:59 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
- Rep Power
Hi! Saving data??
I'm new to this forum and new to Java. I've programmed in C# for less than 6 months now. But I need to ask this question that will help me with programming in general.
I'm trying to make a small program, but it requires data to be held and saved, data to be stored on tables and the ability to manipulate data etc.
Can I use a database file standalone e.g. Microsoft SQL database file? Or is there any other way? I just want to be able to save data and manipulate it. :confused:
- 06-29-2010, 06:29 AM #2
There are several ways to save data, from creating your own flat file system (a lot of work to do right), or database access.
You will need to download some jar files in order to access databases, depending on which database you want to access. You can interface with most databases via JDBC - google it to download an appropriate one for you.
Hope this helps,
- By colossusdub in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 03-03-2010, 08:32 PM
- By ocean in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2009, 08:08 PM
- By Prashant.surwade in forum Java ServletReplies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2009, 07:34 AM
- By easyRyder in forum New To JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 07-15-2008, 03:14 AM
- By Thez in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2007, 10:24 PM