Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    owenwesley is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Applet please help

    :confused:Hi My name is Wes, I need help on an applet i need it to write to a file how can I do this.... please help

  2. #2
    Fubarable's Avatar
    Fubarable is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,316
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Do you wish to write to a file on the server or the client? What type of file? What have you tried? What has worked? What has failed? What errors are you getting?

    I think you'll need to provide a lot more detail in order for us to help you. Please see the 2nd link in my signature "How to Ask Smart Questions" for more details on how to ask questions that can be answered here.

    Much luck!

  3. #3
    owenwesley is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have tried everything I can find, I wrote it in J++ 6.0 on windows 2000 as a consel app and now tryin to convert to an applet so I can run it on my home network and adventualy as a web app it will read the text file but it wont write to it can you help me... ps. I looked up a search how to write the file and it says something about CGI can you help do you need me to send the code
    Last edited by owenwesley; 06-20-2010 at 04:20 AM.

  4. #4
    curmudgeon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    436
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    This is not a "send me the code" type forum, and no one here is going to provide you this service. If that's all you need, go to Rent A Coder . com. Otherwise you need to do a lot of studying my friend, and I'd start at the Sun Java tutorials, especially the I & O section.

  5. #5
    Zack's Avatar
    Zack is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Destiny Islands
    Posts
    692
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    curmudgeon is right; if you have a code that isn't working, put it up here and we'll try our best to help you fix it. (Also, if you have error messages, "something about CGI" isn't enough information; give us the whole message.)

  6. #6
    Webuser is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    0

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by owenwesley View Post
    :confused:Hi My name is Wes, I need help on an applet i need it to write to a file how can I do this.... please help
    If you mean java.io.*; lib using and your applet file system access then you need to have your applet signed ;) DS is the best decision in that case...
    If my answer helped you. Please click my "REP" button and add a comment
    Have a Good Java Coding :)

  7. #7
    curmudgeon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    436
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webuser View Post
    If you mean java.io.*; lib using and your applet file system access then you need to have your applet signed ;) DS is the best decision in that case...
    I believe that the applet needs to be signed only if he is wishing to write to the client machine, and I don't see that he's specified that yet (although it's been asked).

  8. #8
    Webuser is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    I believe that the applet needs to be signed only if he is wishing to write to the client machine, and I don't see that he's specified that yet (although it's been asked).
    you can do as you wish :rolleyes:
    If my answer helped you. Please click my "REP" button and add a comment
    Have a Good Java Coding :)

  9. #9
    curmudgeon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    436
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webuser View Post
    you can do as you wish :rolleyes:
    ???
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. What I am getting at though, is if all he wants to do is read and write to the server, then there's no need to go to the trouble to get the applet signed, and I want to clarify that with the OP, nothing more. If you disagree with this, then by all means say so, but please let me know where and how I'm wrong so you can educate both me and the OP.

    I also see that Fubarable asked him in the first reply where he wishes to write to, the client or the server, but as I noted in my reply above, the OP has not clarified this yet.

  10. #10
    Webuser is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    ???
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. What I am getting at though, is if all he wants to do is read and write to the server, then there's no need to go to the trouble to get the applet signed, and I want to clarify that with the OP, nothing more. If you disagree with this, then by all means say so, but please let me know where and how I'm wrong so you can educate both me and the OP.

    I also see that Fubarable asked him in the first reply where he wishes to write to, the client or the server, but as I noted in my reply above, the OP has not clarified this yet.
    So I am glad you pretty sure the applet is to connect its native host :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Webuser; 06-20-2010 at 06:10 AM.
    If my answer helped you. Please click my "REP" button and add a comment
    Have a Good Java Coding :)

  11. #11
    curmudgeon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    436
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webuser View Post
    So I am glad you pretty sure the applet is to connect its native host?
    Again, no, I'm not sure. The only thing I'm sure of is that the OP has not fully defined his problem domain and that's it. If you know more, please do share.

  12. #12
    Webuser is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    ???
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. What I am
    Woo

    really?
    If my answer helped you. Please click my "REP" button and add a comment
    Have a Good Java Coding :)

  13. #13
    Webuser is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    Again, no, I'm not sure. The only thing I'm sure of is that the OP has not fully defined his problem domain and that's it. If you know more, please do share.
    To share a negative point too? :rolleyes:
    If my answer helped you. Please click my "REP" button and add a comment
    Have a Good Java Coding :)

  14. #14
    Webuser is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    0

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by owenwesley View Post
    I have tried everything I can find, I wrote it in J++ 6.0 on windows 2000 as a consel app and now tryin to convert to an applet so I can run it on my home network and adventualy as a web app it will read the text file but it wont write to it can you help me... ps. I looked up a search how to write the file and it says something about CGI can you help do you need me to send the code
    There are two ways
    1) Do you have a servlet side for your applet? If you have then you can easily send bin stream right to your servlet. You can use ObjectOutputStream for this...
    2) If you want to download applet from server A and upload something to server B... Then you have to sign the applet

    There are many ways I can advise

    So explain what you have and what you want on more details plz :)
    If my answer helped you. Please click my "REP" button and add a comment
    Have a Good Java Coding :)

Similar Threads

  1. What is mean by applet?
    By sitara in forum New To Java
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 03:33 PM
  3. Applet & sql
    By gan5016 in forum Java Applets
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
  4. Calling another applet on click of button in one applet
    By niteshwar.bhardwaj in forum Java 2D
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 12:54 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 06:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •