Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: searching in a saved file
- 06-16-2010, 03:13 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
- Rep Power
There are a lot of unknowns, but assuming (and I always get into trouble doing this) you have a simple text file, then I suppose you'd read the file in, hopefully creating objects as you do your reading, and possibly place the objects into an array list. Then you could sort the array list, search it, and extract information as needed. I'm sure that there are other/better ways to do what you want, but I think that for all of us to discuss things in more detail, you may want to first give the details of your problem domain.
Much luck and welcome to the java-forums!
- By Absolute in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-11-2010, 06:39 AM
- By simon in forum XMLReplies: 5Last Post: 03-30-2009, 01:27 AM
- By email@example.com in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 09-15-2008, 09:50 AM
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 09-09-2008, 05:29 AM
- By gojava in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2007, 06:11 PM