Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 05-13-2010, 05:17 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- Rep Power
Launch Java application with root privileges from gnome desktop shortcut.
I'm trying to figure out a way to run a Java application with root privileges from an account that doesn't have root privileges. I tried using consolehelper and it will launch other applications as root but when I try using /usr/java/jdk/java -jar /location/app.jar it asks for the root password but doesn't launch the application.
- 05-17-2010, 09:03 PM #2
Have you tried the Java Service Wrapper? ( Java Service Wrapper - What is the Java Service Wrapper? )
I haven't used it but from my brief reading it seemed like it may help. As far as why ConsoleHelper isn't working I'm guessing when you try to launch it it's having to run something else as well and that second application isn't getting the root permissions sent down.Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of government.
The history of liberty is the history of resistance.
The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of governmental power, not the increase of it.
- By highfive in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
- By realahmed8 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 12-04-2009, 01:10 PM
- By IYIaster in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2009, 04:50 PM
- By nitingupta183 in forum SWT / JFaceReplies: 0Last Post: 03-18-2008, 08:53 AM
- By avaj987 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2007, 11:40 AM