Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: System path can't be specified?
- 04-11-2010, 02:50 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
- Rep Power
System path can't be specified?
I'm brand spankin' new.
I tried Ruby, I'm currently using notepad, I'm on a laptop that's running Micro Windows XP OS. So, it could just be that even though Ruby worked, this might not be compatable with my current situation, however, I do have an OS of Windows Vista Home Premium, which I have yet to try it on, but, I want my coding to work here.
So, here's the situation!:
I moved my java folder into the c drive directly, as it was in a file there-in of Microsoft, so it wouldn't let me do the whole cd C:\java thing, so when I fixed it, it works now.
Then, when I've got my wonderful little work done (it's a very simple one from a guide provided by someone from java), I get to the compiler portion.
Well, here's what happens...
I do the javac and the file I'm trying to compile, however, I know I need to use c:\java\bin\javac then the filename.java and such. However! When I do this, it gives me the message saying that "The system cannot find the path specified."!
Anyone know what to do for this little beginner? :)
I'm really hoping to be able to get my teeth into this, plainly for my own betterment, so it should help to say, I am no student of programming, hehe!
Thanks for any and all help! :)
- By programmer_007 in forum EclipseReplies: 18Last Post: 02-22-2010, 12:31 PM
- By 123 in forum Java 2DReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2010, 08:34 PM
- By Abder-Rahman in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 02-16-2009, 07:13 AM
- By ivvgangadhar in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 11-21-2008, 08:08 AM
- By borgrodrick in forum EclipseReplies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2008, 11:03 PM