Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 03-14-2010, 04:49 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Rep Power
printf() method explanation needed
Could anyone give some info on the printf() method..
I know we can put %d and %s in the format argument so that it takes a string data type
and a decimal data type but apart from that are there any other uses of printf()?
some simple examples will do the job i guess..
Please have a look at this link as it should explain most if not all of what you need to know:
Formatting (The Java™ Tutorials > Essential Classes > Basic I/O)
Look at the second half of the tutorial, the one that goes through System.out.format(...) as I believe that it's the same thing as printf. If anything is confusing, please come back with any questions you may have. Best of luck!
- By goingInsane in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2009, 08:03 PM
- By chupalo17 in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 09-08-2009, 12:15 AM
- By Java Tip in forum java.langReplies: 0Last Post: 04-17-2008, 08:37 PM
- By reddzer in forum Java ServletReplies: 0Last Post: 11-10-2007, 05:47 PM
- By Jack in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2007, 05:31 AM