Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Creating a file "type"
- 03-04-2010, 12:24 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Rep Power
- 03-04-2010, 03:57 AM #2
i know there is a FileFilter interface that allows you to specify the conditions for which a file is matched by name, so that when you do a list directory for the files, then it will only show these files in the results. Swing has a similar mechanism. see also: JFileChooser: setFileFilter(FileFilter filter) : JFileChooser*«*javax.swing*«*Java by API
Now if you meant an operating system association, such as in windows, where if there is a .SGE file on your desktop and double clicking this icon causes your java application to launch, i believe this is done somehow with setting file types for the open with. I don't even have windows, so am not sure how entirely to do that. but its not a Java / programming thing, but an operating system specific setup thing, if thats what you meant that is.
- By sarang1 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 02-10-2011, 10:55 AM
- By ScottVal in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-24-2009, 04:31 AM
- By sivakumar_sakam in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2009, 09:46 PM
- By soc86 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2009, 07:56 PM
- By lse123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM