Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 02-19-2010, 06:25 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
- Rep Power
Usage of Serial Com Port communication
currently i am trying to use a java app to read from my usb to serial port on my PC.
i research and found that Windows COM ports are not directly supported by Sun anymore. thus there is another package called rxtx.
JAVA: Serial Port access with javax.comm or rxtx on Windows, Linux etc.
i tried the above link with my app, however it return me portId=null;
from the link below:
New Windows Java Serial Com Port driver with proper handling of Timeouts
it stated that the usb to serial maybe a problem when using the rxtx package, and this winjcom maybe a good substitute.
however, is there any expertises can share their advice on how to use this winjcom.
thanks in advance.
any help will be greatly appreaciated.
- By anilkumar_vist in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 12-24-2009, 05:53 PM
- By radhika in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 11-06-2009, 10:40 AM
- By hasani6leap in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 01-24-2009, 03:23 AM
- By simo_mon in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2008, 11:25 AM
- By musiigedeo in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM