Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: unicode as part of string
- 01-28-2010, 02:23 AM #1
unicode as part of string
While looking at a String, i would like to somehow guarantee that is does or does not contain a unicode character. Does Java let us natively solve this task?
Please let me know how
PS: Let me add 1 item of clarification. Assume, i am literally looking at "Hello\u1001world" String. Say, if i pass it to a method that will break it down char by char and will test if its decimal value is < 128 .. well that won't work, since split will take \ and u and 1 and 1 etc literally. I support i can use if String.matches("blah"), but wonder if there is a more elegant way to do it
Last edited by mac; 01-28-2010 at 02:45 AM.
- By virendra in forum LuceneReplies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM
- By saurabh01 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 07-02-2009, 10:22 AM
- By sandeepvreddy in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 11-20-2008, 03:33 PM
- By Java Tip in forum java.awtReplies: 0Last Post: 06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
- By eva in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2007, 06:58 AM