I'm required to get my project done, I just didn't get it :S
I'm asking to help me to understand it, I don't want the solution !!
just explain to me what should i do ?
this is the project file :
http : // www .2shared.com/file/10160935/8dda382d/P1_online. html
could you please post your code, i don't like downloading files from strangers
I didn't write any code yet.. because i didn't get the idea !!
the file is a simple PDF file :) and I'm a MAC user, so there's no reason to worry :):)
this is the problem :
In this project, you are required to develop a simulator that simulates a sequence of customers arriving in a departmental store and calculates the average waiting time. There are a number of counter queues in the departmental store. Each customer after picking the items, arrives for service, enters a queue, waits for some time, gets service for payment and leaves. The simulator tracks the time the customers spend waiting in queues and outputs the average waiting time.
Assume that :
- the time is measured in minutes and the departmental starts the clock with 0 minute and its finish time is MAX (in minutes).
- arrival time and service time of each customer is provided to the simulator
- number N of service queues is also provided to the simulator
- Arrival time means the time when the customer joins a counter queue
- Finish time means the time when he leaves the counter
- Service time means the time when he deals with the salesperson at the counter
- Waiting time = Finish time – Arrival Time – Service Time
- You can generate the arrival time and service times randomly (using Java’s random class) as follows:
- Randomly generate inter-arrival times ti such that minIAT <= ti <= maxIAT where minIAT means minimum inter-arrival and maxIAT means maximum inter-arival time; these times are specified by the user.
- Keep the running total of these random times as arrival times
- Randomly generate service times si such that minST <= si <= maxST, where minST means minimum service time and maximum service time.
*Suggest a suitable ADT/ADTs for the problem discussed above
*Give a graphical representation of the ADT/ADTs
*Give complete specification of the ADT/ADTs