Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 12-04-2009, 09:24 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Tacoma, Washington, USA
- Rep Power
Open an RDP file with Remote Desktop Connection
New to Java Forums. :D
I frequently remote into my home computer, and I'm writing an application to make life a little easier where that is concerned.
So far, the app pings my computer, and if it doesn't get a reply, it sends a "wake up on lan" "magic packet" to wake up the computer, then continues pinging (up to 4 more times) until it gets a response.
Once it gets a reply, I want to call an .RDP file, which is just a plaintext XML-style file that stores Remote Desktop Connection settings.
I know that in order to call a program, in this case RD, I just use this:
(Note: To simplify it, just telling me how to open a .txt and force it to open in notepad.exe would be fine, as I assume it's the same idea. )
Last edited by MisterAndy; 12-04-2009 at 09:36 PM.
- By saso1310 in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 05-15-2009, 08:39 AM
- By mgm2010 in forum JCreatorReplies: 0Last Post: 04-11-2009, 03:14 PM
- By success21061985 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2009, 08:00 PM
- By anil@prokarma in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM
- By Preethi in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-03-2008, 06:54 AM