Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 12-01-2009, 11:01 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Rep Power
Issue with JDBC Connection to SQL Server 2005 database when default schema is changed
I am new to Java. I have a custom built Java application. I am using a MS SQL Server 2005 database as a datasource. I am using a JDBC connection.
When the database was initially setup the default schema was kept at dbo. When using the dbo schema our connection works fine and the application runs as expected.
We now have a need to change the default schema to something other than dbo. When we made the change to the schema on the SQL Server 2005 database the connection no longer works from the Java application. If we set the schema back to dbo the connection works fine. Here is what we have done and the error we are receiving:
The tables had the schema named, there was a default schema set (for the user), the rights where read and write (through out the schema) . We tested specifying the schema and lettting it default, it errored both ways.
It worked fine in sql management studio (query). but not in JAVA....we tested with the same user signing on in both applications.
Error from Java Application:
Vehicles could not be created![FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="There was an unhandled failure on the server. Unable to locate table meta data for 'inventoryVehicles' in the default schema" faultCode="Server.Processing" faultDetail="null"] messageId="6B2620B4-AD0B-88FF-5431-F02BCEBA21CD" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]
- By swati.jyoti in forum NetBeansReplies: 7Last Post: 03-17-2012, 11:46 AM
- By sandeepsai17 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-21-2009, 01:38 PM
- By comp in forum JDBCReplies: 1Last Post: 03-26-2009, 12:25 AM
- By javadev in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 06-25-2008, 02:48 PM
- By mgt83 in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 0Last Post: 07-27-2007, 05:52 AM