The first part of this program I have to write I have successfully completed.
Below I have already done and its working.
Implement the following static methods in the TemperatureConverter class:
* celsiusToFahrenheit which should take a celsius temperature as an explicit parameter and which should return the fahrenheit equivalent.
* fahrenheitToCelsius which should take a fahrenheit temperature as an explicit parameter and which should return its celsius equivalent.
* celsiusToKelvin which should convert a celsius temperature to kelvin.
* kelvinToCelsius which should convert a kelvin temperature to celsius.
* fahrenheitToKelvin which should convert from fahrenheit to kelvin.
* kelvinToFahrenheit which should convert from kelvin to fahrenheit.
* celsiusToRankine which should convert a celsius temperature to its rankine equivalent.
* rankineToCelsius which should convert from rankine to celsius.
* fahrenheitToRankine which should convert from fahrenheit to rankine.
* rankineToFahrenheit which should convert from rankine to fahrenheit
* kelvinToRankine which should convert from kelvin to rankine
* rankineToKelvin which should convert from rankine to kelvin.
All the above I have currently done. Below is the part I am having trouble with putting together.
The instructions read....
# We will be getting input from the user in this test program, so we will need a Scanner object.
# Ask the user to enter a Celsius temperature. Then use your Scanner object to read in their response as a value of type double.
# Convert the temeprature they enter from Celsius to the other 3 scales using your static methods of your TemperatureConverter class to do this. You call a static method with: ClassName.methodName(parameters).
The following code is what I have, but i cannot quite figure out how to implement my static methods to take the number entered in by the user and convert them.
public class TemperatureTester
public static void main(String args)
String celsiusEnter = ("Please enter a Celsius temperature");
Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in);
double celsiusnumber = input.nextDouble();
celsiusnumber.TemperatureConverter.celsiusToFahren heit(double celsius)
The last syntax part is where I am stuck. I have not really a clue on how to implement what I need there. I have tried a mixture of things but nothing works. Any help or a point in the right direction would be great. Not looking for someone to do my work, just help me. Thanks
You are no longer declaring the methods. You are now calling them. When calling a method you don't pass the type of the parameter. Just the value which in this case you have taken from the user already and put into celsiusnumber .
double fValue = TemperatureConverter.celsiusToFahren heit(celsiusnumber );
Ahh that makes a lot of sense I cannot believe I did not see that. Thank you very much! I am guessing i would just have to use the System.out.print method to print the final result(you named it (fvalue)
I'm bad with names. See my user name for an example.