Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 08-12-2009, 08:42 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Rep Power
May need to scap project again, is there a way to increase connection times?
I have built an application that sends lots of SQL queries to a MySql database. The program dynamically displays a buttons, spinners and checkboxes depending on what category is selected from a ComboBox. To achieve this, it uses lots of methods and public variables that I made. On a machine with a local database there is no lag and it works fine. The problem is, as soon as I made the database remote (which is required for this application to be useful) it takes a good 8/10 seconds to do anything when a category is selected,
Is there anyway to make a remote connected database as fast as a local one? I read up about connection pools but unsure if this will help.
Please, any guidance will be appreciated. This is the third try at this software I have in mind what I want to achieve. It is now essentially finished but if I cant get rid of the delay issue in using a remote database I will have to start from scratch again.
Ps. Could the delay have anything to do with the fact I am temporary using a Free webhost until I know the application is full functional?
Last edited by mainy; 08-12-2009 at 08:49 PM.
- By rosh72851 in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 07-31-2012, 08:30 PM
- By rayda in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 03-16-2009, 06:47 AM
- By xcallmejudasx in forum Suggestions & FeedbackReplies: 3Last Post: 12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
- By Daedalus in forum EclipseReplies: 3Last Post: 09-27-2008, 05:46 AM
- By newtojava7 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 01-28-2008, 08:22 AM