How Can I Automate Java Installations for PC Apps?
I see there are websites that automatically:
- Tell you that you need Java installed on your PC
- Let you click to see if your PC is compatible with the latest Java
- Tell you what you need for Java to work
- Provide a link to download the software (or do so automatically)
I think I've found a site that illustrates what I'm looking for:
Sample URL I Found
I've been assigned the task to implement something similar to the above link for our users.
I need to know how to build our own autocheck similar to the website link in this post.
- What tools/utilites to I need?
- Do these tools exist?
- Where would I find the tools to make the above happen?
- Is there an application written that will do this for me?
- Or, do I have to write the applets etc. from scratch to make this happen? (Hope not)
Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide me.