Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 08-05-2009, 11:10 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Rep Power
How I launch an external program and kill the father?
my objective is that a jar file autoupdate himself with other jar file.
I must delete old file and replace with a new one, but it is imposible if it is running.
I think launch auxiliar application to do the work but when I use "Runtime.getRuntime.exec("....")" first program does not finish if the second one is not finished.
Also I tried with "Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd /c calc.exe");" and using Threads "setDaemon(true)", but does not work, daemon thread dies when first program finish.
- 08-05-2009, 02:03 PM #2
- By sirwiggles in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-22-2009, 12:35 AM
- By Java Tip in forum java.ioReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2008, 03:40 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2007, 10:33 PM
- By romina in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2007, 06:28 AM
- By avaj987 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2007, 12:40 PM