Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 07-21-2007, 07:24 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Rep Power
newbie: the app is loaded but i can't see it
Hi, i'm really newbie in java, I'm trying to follow some tutorials to learn java, and my question is:
I typed a console application, but after compile it, the app it doesn't appears in the screen, but it is loaded because I obtained a JOptionPane.showMessageDialog confirm everytime i executed this application. So, What I have to do for the application open in a DOS window?
In the void main function I tried the next:
serverchat sslx= new serverchat();
but doesn´t work, can you help me?
- 07-21-2007, 08:14 AM #2
Java console applications do no open a console by default. If you are running your application by double clicking on its jar, this is not correct way to see console output.
You will need to open a DOS window and type something like this if it is the output is a jar file:
java -jar yourJarName.jar
"Hello World!" for Microsoft Windows (The Java™ Tutorials > Getting Started > The "Hello World!" Application)
- By vicky08 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-31-2008, 04:26 PM
- By CSnoob87 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-18-2008, 08:49 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 02-15-2008, 08:41 AM
- By shankar in forum JDBCReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
- By barney in forum Java AppletsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2007, 07:14 AM