Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 06-13-2009, 11:36 AM #1
data structure with multiple keys
Say I want to create an object that can have a number of indexes. For example, a table for an employee would have indexes on employeeID (PK), and,
commonly used searchable terms e.g. employeeFirstName, employeeSecondName.
Is there some data structure that would support this data structure within the Collection objects?
This sounds like you'll need to create a few Comparator helper classes to assist with flexible sorting of your data.
- 06-13-2009, 03:02 PM #3
Either that, or actually use a database.Don't forget to mark threads as [SOLVED] and give reps to helpful posts.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
- By ahmed13 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 03-27-2009, 05:48 AM
- By Nicholas Jordan in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 01-07-2009, 04:16 AM
- By Java Tip in forum java.langReplies: 0Last Post: 04-16-2008, 10:34 PM
- By Java Tip in forum java.langReplies: 0Last Post: 04-14-2008, 08:35 PM
- By vgvt in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM